Ok, tell me this ISN'T gross?? They come out when it rains but we never knew how many there were until Mark and Joey got their gloves on and decided to collect them all...........Ewwwwwwwww. The gross thing is this isn't all of them, Joey just got tired of the task. They seem to all be in one remote place but when it rains they come out by the dozens. Does anyone know how to get rid of them as humanely as possible?



4 comments:
At our house we have no interest in being humane to snails.
We put out snail poison. I know that small saucers/cups of beer will poison them as well. I just can't bring myself to buy it.
My kids like to throw them in the road or salt them and watch the melt. Also, they enjoy cooking them in our fire pit and watching them boil, but I have banned this practice because the carcass sticks like glue to the side.
Joel once collected them and painted their shells and then let them loose so he could keep track of them -the only humane thing we have ever done.
We are heathens.
Cyndi, After I got done laughing so hard I pee'd my pants, I read it to Mark. LOL you guys rock! So ask Joel if he wants a colony of snail shells to paint? I applaud you for resisting the temptation to by the beer. LOL
That is just plain old sick! I hate snails! But not as much as I hate slugs! My mom's yard was full of those things! I remember being little, running with bare feet through the grass and WHAM! Sliding on a fresh colony of slugs. Like skating on snot :)
Shelly THAT was a great visual I felt like I was right there with you as a kid LOL. This can't be any worse than your city annual testical festival?? I don't think I have ever been to one of those. ;)
Post a Comment