Jo's PlayList


Saturday, August 22, 2009

Whew, I made it.........

I am glad this crazy week is over. I am praying for a better one next week.
Marks uncle Charlie decided to end his life last weekend, no one knew much about the arrangments for awhile because his wife was admitted to a mental hosp. after finding him, and his 90+ year old Mother, I am sure had to take out a loan to pay for the arrangements and plan a funeral for her oldest of 7 kids.
Such a sad, selfish decision...... I am sorry to offend anyone who may be reading this, but this was a really hard week watching people pick up the pieces he left behind for them.

On a positive note, a good door was opened too. Marks Dads siblings don't keep much contact, they are not close in the way I am used to a family being. Marks Dad has an identical twin brother and I only found out about 2-3 years ago. (No one has seen him in 12 years) And I found out just this week that His Dad also has a sister I have never met and didn't know exsisted, no one knew where she lived until she came in from California for the funeral.
Marks grandmother turns 93? on Monday and this will be the first time in 12 years all of her children will have been together, that's kind of a nice birthday present I guess. A major loss was also 6 gains (by having her children here.)
You know, I think I spent all week counting my weaknesses instead of my blessings. That's easy to do I guess.
I still hope next week is a better one.

For starts, tomorrow is August 23rd!!
For YEARS this has been dedicated as a very special day to me, I always knew something very important would happen on this day, marriage, birth of a child, proposal...SOMETHING! As hard as I tried nothing really ever did happen. It took 31 years, but ONE year ago tomorrow I went to the Ogden Temple to take out my endowments.
WOW, what a WONDERFUL day! Sunday IS the first of the week according to the calender so I guess Next week really will be better. Tomorrow is also a Temple Dedication (The Oquarrah Mnt. Temple) right here in the valley, I can't think of a better way to celebrate my one year anniversary :) And, start a new week.
School starts Monday for Joey. I cannot believe how time flies. Sometimes I wish it could freeze frame, but other times I am content with how things are progressing. My head spins sometimes when I stop to think so I try to stay busy or I catch myself trying to understand it all. People die, others arrive. Things get tough, then better. Life moves fast and it moves with or without you. Our theme at girls camp this year was "Enjoy the Journey" I think I know now what that really means. It's about making the best of the hand your dealt. You can't choose the cards but you can choose how you play them. I just hope I can look back and say I played them well......

No comments: