Jo's PlayList


Monday, January 31, 2011

Oh my, how time flies...

I cannot believe how fast this month of January flew past.

When I was young I didn't think "growing up" could come fast enough. But now that I am a grown up, I can't seem to make it slow down. All of the sudden my little bean is going to be 12! I didn't see it at the time, but that age for me was one of the best times in my life. My home, my ward, my family, my friends, my school, my experiences, I look back now and realize how great it all really was.

I laugh sometimes because I come from a combined family of "yours, mine, ours and theirs" and if you asked each of us about one particular moment, you would get several different answers. We each had our own,  good & bad. That is one thing I am grateful for being a "grown-up" you can see more often, things as they really are. Things still hurt the same from time to time, but you have a little bit more understanding about what those things mean. 

I often wonder about people who set new years resolutions. Not sure I have ever followed any of mine. But I am thankful for the changes in my life for the good AND bad over the last few years. I have some of the most wonderful friends, whom I depend on very much. Friends come in all forms, and at all different times in your life. I always envied people who stayed friends since grade school, but I realize that the new ones can be even better, they can still know you, and love you anyway. ;)

Well....One month down. I hope the other 11 slow it down a little bit. I'm still trying to remember to stop and smell the roses once in awhile. I hope you all do the same ;)

No comments: